The Public Contracting Institute has created three distinct webinar series offering you the latest information in government contracting and an opportunity to “Ask the Experts” your questions in the most convenient and cost-effective manner. Join us for the entire series or for individual webinars. If you are unable to join the live webinar, you can access the slides and audio recording at your convenience for up to one year.
*ALL WEBINARS ARE 50% OFF FOR GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
*ALL WEBINARS ARE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AFTER EVENT DATE
Join us online for individual webinars or our monthly webinar series, which include:
- Nash & Schooner Hot Topics
- Financial Forum
- Understanding the Proposal Evaluation Process
The 2013 Nash & Schooner Government Contracts Hot Topics Series:
The Nash & Schooner Government Hot Topics webinar series literally provides access to two pioneers in GovCon law and policy, on a regular basis. Along with current, expert analysis on “hot topics”, the series of webinars includes guest speakers to dive deep into key government contracting policies and regulations and discuss how they will impact your business.
This series is a “must” for those involved in government contracts maintenance and compliance in any way.
Next Topic of the Series: Computing Equitable Adjustments
Presented by Professors Ralph Nash, Steve Schooner & Special Guests
Jan 31 | Mar 28 | Apr 25 |May 30 | June 27 | Sept 24 | Oct 31 | Nov 21
Individual Sessions: $189
2013 Government Contracts Financial Forum Series:
The Financial Forum Series features a panel of experts from McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP and delivers the most current industry analysis in government contract cost accounting. Course content is fresh, and often updated right up to the moments before the webinar, to ensure participants are receiving relevant and timely input on the latest regulations and developments in GovCon.
This webinar series is targeted to both contracting officials and private practitioners, and always includes Q and A time so participants have the opportunity to “Ask the Experts.”
This year’s topics include:
- 2013 Financial Forecast: Top Contract & Audit Challenges and Best Practices
- Selling & Related Costs (IR &D, B & P, MP & E, Selling, Public Relations & Advertising, Entertainment, Trade, Business, Technical & Professional Activities)
- Application of CAS; Modified CAS Coverage
- Full-CAS Coverage; Disclosure and Administration
- Travel Cost Allowability: Challenges and Solutions
- Investigation and Mandatory Disclosure: Applying Recent Developments to Complex Government Cost Accounting and Financial Matters
- Determining Cost Reasonableness: Mounting an effective Defense Against Increasingly Common Reasonableness Challenges
- Depreciation, Rental Cost, Material Cost Allowability
- DCAA Audit Developments and DoD Business Systems Rule Update
Presented by Jay Gallagher, Tom Lemmer, Steve Masiello & Kevin Slattum
Jan 15 | Feb 12 | Mar 12 | Apr 9 | May 14 | June 11 | Sept 10 | Oct 8 | Nov 12
Individual Sessions: $159
Understanding the Proposal Evaluation Process Series
This Understanding the Proposal Evaluation Process webinar series is for both contractors and agencies who want, or need, to have a better understanding of the proposal evaluation process. Each webinar in the series will examine one common evaluation factor. Each topic has been selected because it is often a significant, possibly, deciding factor in the ultimate award decision of many federal contract awards.
With each webinar, our expert will seek to answer two questions about the discussed evaluation factor. (1) How do contractors maximize their chance for success in this part of their proposal? (2) How do government personnel perform a proper evaluation of this factor?
Topics for this year’s series include:
- Key Personnel (January)
- Price (March)
- Responsiblity (April)
- Technical & Management (May)
- Socioeconomic Factors (June)
- Past Performance (September)
- Cost Realism (October)
- Source Selection Autority and Award types (November)
Next Topic of the Series: Responsibility Determinations
Presented by Lou Chiarella
Jan 9 | Mar 6 |Apr 3 | May 1 | June 5 | Sept 4 | Oct 2 | Nov 6
Individual Sessions: $189