Navigating the FAR: Practical Applications
May 8 @ 8:30 am - May 9 @ 4:30 pm$1195
This fast-paced interactive course examines the organization, content, policy and procedures of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as it applies to Federal acquisition. Designed for new professionals in both government and industry, as well as more experienced professionals, to build or update their familiarity with the Federal Government’s procurement system. The course includes a review of the topical divisions of the FAR, exercises to help the participant find and analyze FAR contracting issues, and group activities to reinforce the application of FAR principles.
This course may also be eligible for the following credits through The Public Contracting Institute:
13 CLEs, 16 CLPs
- Identify the foundations, organization, and principles of the FAR.
- Learn to “navigate” the FAR in order to understand, interpret and use it in executing business transactions.
- Analyze the purpose of the policies, processes and procedures set out in the FAR to better understand the constraints on, and the latitude available to, government procurement officials.
- Increase professional understanding of the acquisition system.
- Build skills to train, mentor and coach others using the FAR.
- Improve participant’s ability to add value through their role in the acquisition process.
The Public Contracting Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.