FUN with the FAR℠ Season 5
September 5, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 12:00pm on Wednesday, repeating until September 19, 2018
26 Bi-Weekly* Sessions from October 2017 to September 2018
Covering each Part of the Federal Acquisition Regulation and created to make the FAR approachable and thought provoking for contracting professionals at all levels. All sessions will be recorded and accessible as a podcast throughout the year.
The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is a complex set of rules governing the federal government’s purchasing process. Its purpose is to ensure purchasing procedures are standard, consistent and conducted in a fair and impartial manner. To accomplish this, it is critical for contracting professionals in the government and private sector to have a working knowledge of the source document—the FAR. Ignorance of the rules can lead to costly and undesirable outcomes. This webinar is designed to teach government and private sector contracting professionals techniques to efficiently and effectively maneuver through the extensive number of clauses and provisions in order to select the right clauses and correct procedures applicable to their contract.
Receive a complimentary copy of the FAR Desk Reference Manual with your purchase of the entire series.
Interactive & Content Rich
- Class will be taught through a dynamic dialogue with guests and students in a unique radio show format.
- Instructors will be prepared to enlighten and entertain you with FUN FAR FACTS (including answers to “Do I Really Have to Do That?”) and answer your questions throughout the show.
- No Power Points–Go straight to the source! The only material needed for this training is a copy of the FAR that we will provide as a part of this series (we want you to take notes in it along the way).
- Attend the show in person, by Live Virtual Training or
- Listen to the Podcast of the show anytime
Efficient & Cost Effective
- Share the experience – schedule as a staff meeting for all to join. High Quality Low Cost Training for your TEAM!
- Come join PCI’s most gregarious FAR guru and his frequent guests experts as they journey through the FAR in a fun and at times irreverent manner. Audience participation will be highly encouraged and generously rewarded with prizes such as Starbucks gift cards given out on every show.
*Please see schedule tab for list of class dates. Occasionally the sessions are held either one or three weeks apart to accommodate holidays.
- Learn how to navigate the FAR to work effectively and efficiently in the acquisition of supplies, services and construction.
- Obtain a thorough working knowledge of how to research, interpret and apply the rules correctly.
- Understand why knowledge of the regulations is so critical to the success of each acquisition and contract
- Gain confidence and familiarity with every section of the FAR to:
- select the right clauses.
- identify the correct procedures to get the best possible contract and remain in compliance.
- Learn best in class acquisition and contracting methods.
- And much, much more!
Continuing Education Credits
2.0 credits per session; 52 credits for entire series
1.5 credits per session; 46.5 credits for subscription total. (If a CPA claiming CPE credits, you should refer to respective state board requirements regarding acceptability on one-half CPE credits.) Please note that credit for attending the recorded version may not be extended to certified public accountants(CPAs) pursuant to National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) regulation; you must attend the “live” session.
1.5 credits per session; 39 credits for entire series for AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FL, HI, ME, MT, NJ, NY, ND, OR, PA, TX, VA, WI (if you need CLE for a state not listed, call us.)
1.5 credits per session; 39 credits for entire series.
.15 credits per session; 3.9 credits for entire series.
The Public Contracting Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.