- This event has passed.
FUN with the DFARS℠ Season 3
November 8, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 12:00pm on day Second of the month, repeating until December 13, 2017
12 Instructor-Led Virtual Training Sessions from January 2017 to December 2017
Covering each Part of the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement and created to make the DFARS approachable and thought provoking for contracting professionals at all levels. All sessions will be recorded and accessible as a podcast throughout the year.
The Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) is a supplement specific to Department of Defense (DoD) acquisitions. The DFARS provides acquisition regulations that must be followed by both DoD government acquisition professionals and contractors who do business with the DoD. To accomplish this, it is critical for contracting professionals in the government and private sector to have a working knowledge of the source document—the DFARS. Ignorance of the rules can lead to costly and undesirable outcomes. This Virtual Training is designed to teach government and private sector contracting professionals techniques to efficiently and effectively maneuver through the extensive number of clauses and provisions in order to select the right clauses and correct procedures applicable to their contract.
The instructor and guest will answer your questions in real-time so you can discuss specific issues or gain additional knowledge about topics discussed.
Receive a complimentary copy of the DFARS Desk Reference Manual with your purchase of the entire series.
Interactive & Content Rich
- Class will be taught through a dynamic dialogue with guests and students in a unique radio show format.
- No Power Points – Go straight to the source! The only material needed for this training is a copy of the DFARS that we will provide as a part of this series (we want you to take notes in it along the way).
- Attend the show in person, by Live Adobe Virtual Training, or
- Listen to the recording of the show anytime throughout the year
Efficient & Cost Effective
- Share the experience – schedule as a staff meeting for all to join. High Quality Low Cost Training for your Team!
- Audience participation will be highly encouraged and generously rewarded with prizes such as Starbucks gift cards given out on every show.
Continuing Education Credits
2.0 credits per session; 24 credits for entire series
1.5 credits per session; 21.5 credits for subscription total. (If a CPA claiming CPE credits, you should refer to respective state board requirements regarding acceptability on one-half CPE credits.)
1.5 credits per session; 18 credits for entire series for AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FL, HI, ME, MT, NJ, NY, ND, OR, PA, TX, VA, WI (if you need CLE for a state not listed, call us.)
1.5 credits per session; 18 credits for entire series.
.15 credits per session; 1.8 credits for entire series.
The Public Contracting Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.