3 Day Contracting Essentials (FL)
October 30, 2018 @ 9:00 am - November 1, 2018 @ 4:00 pm$1085
The 3 Day Contracting Essentials seminar is a comprehensive, three-day overview and discussion of the Federal government contracting process, including the procurement laws, regulations, and practical requirements applicable to it. This fast-paced, interactive Seminar builds on the essential elements of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), examines its organization and content, and illuminates the more relevant policies, processes, and procedures of the Federal contracting process. Cases, exercises, and assessment tools are used to practice the participant in analyzing FAR-centered contracting issues and reinforce concepts and the application of FAR principles.
For those who are new, relatively inexperienced, or require a supervisory understanding of government contracting, this course will provide an overview that will thoroughly familiarize the attendee with the federal contracting process, provide a strong foundation on which to build greater subject-matter expertise, and dispel common myths and misunderstandings. For those with some experience, the Seminar will heighten knowledge, provide context, sharpen issue awareness, and improve the ability to operate successfully in this highly complex and competitive field. This “fundamentals” course is designed to be of benefit and interest to both government and contractor personnel, including contracting officers, contract and subcontract administrators, program and item managers, finance and accounting personnel, engineers, and attorneys (in-house, outside, government), among others.
- Identify the foundations, the organization, and principles of the FAR in order to locate, understand, interpret and use it in executing business transactions.
- Analyze the “why” of the policies, processes and procedures to better understand the latitude and constraints of executing a business transaction involving the expenditure of public funds.
- Improve the participant’s ability to add value through their role in the acquisition process.
Participants will gain a strong understanding of the fundamental aspects of key topical aspects of the government contracting arena. Areas include:
- The Setting, the Players, and the Organization of the contracting process
- Contract Formation and Changes
- Specifications: Purpose & Types
- Competitive Negotiation and Sealed Bidding
- Cost Principles and Standards
- Contract Administration
- Delays & Suspensions
- Claims, Disputes & Appeals
- Terminations for Convenience and Default
Continuing Education Credits
The Public Contracting Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.